• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9" pinion bearing question

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
Finally tore apart the 3d member today, and the more I dig into this axle the more I realize that it has a badass design. Working on this thing should be a piece of cake!

The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the little pinion support bearing out of the 3d memeber. Its held in through the back by some kind of circular retaining clip. I would just bust it out but my install kit didn't come with a new one, but from the design of the pinion I don't see why I would even need that clip to hold that bearing in. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
IIRC the pinion slips out of the rear pinion support bearing without removing the snap ring - the bearing can remain in the housing - unless it needs to be replaced.

I really want to go ahead and replace everything.Any idea as to how to take the weird snapring off?

Back