• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do to get ready to tow

Intestinal Rott

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I have a 2000 XJ classic with the I6, AW4, and 231. I want to tow a suzuki samurai with 38s to the further trails like Moab, Montrose, and the Grand Junction area. What should i get to make the most of the XJ? The zuk should weigh in at around 2600-3000 lbs. I would like to trailer it but i think that might be pushing the XJs ability. So I might have to flat tow it. If I were to trailer it what I would need, and what would i need to flat tow it? Above all I want to be safe.

Thanks
Mike

The factory towing package is raided at 5000 LB. Witch consist of I6 AW4 hitch and HD suspension. So you should do fine as is. Maybe a trany cooler if you like.
They recommend changing the oil at 3000 miles interval. When using the Cherokee for towing. 10W-30 you just change it more often.
(I) recommend changing the trany fluid more often if you doing a lot of heavy towing. Paretically if you don't use a cooler. Everything else is good old up keep that need to be done towing or not.
Personal Note: Wheel the Jeep.

Back