• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cleaned nss and still now b/u lights

dizank

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone good news my jeep started tonight ive been searching for the past week or so now and have found so many helpfull threads but one i cant find is what if its not the switch thats the reason my lights arnt working or is the switch pretty finniky cuz it will only start in park/nuetral but there is no b/u lights ? tried moving the switch back and forth if its starting i shouldnt have to adjust it or might i thanks for any info and sweet job on the site this is one of the best forums ive seen

Whoa! Stop and breathe a little more often - oxygen deprivation does strange things to the brain...

Now that I've got that out of the way, here's my next question - what year is your XJ? Trim level (not that that should matter, but it just might...)

Usually, the turn lamps and the backup lamps are on the same fuze - do your turn signals still work?

When you reinstalled the NSS, did you adjust it? There's a little room for that, and it IS necessary.

What were the original symptoms that made you tear the NSS down - was it just the reversing lights, or was it strating trouble?

All this and more will help us with diagnosis!

Oh - and breathe...

5-90

its an 88. yes it was starting problems but that is fixed it was my starter was so gummed up with oil and sludge. i wiggled the switch the little it would let me like i said but there is no b/u lights it is starting in parkand nuetral only so youd think its pretty adjusted but im new to the jeep ive only owned it for 2 weeks so i dont know much yet the jeep is at my parents house so ill half to check the fuzes tonight after work thanks for your help and sorry about my bad spelling and grammer the good news is im still breathing lol

Back