• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tps is expensive!!!

offroadman83

NAXJA Forum User
I went to the stealership to price a tps and he wanted $145.00. I have been getting them at autozone for 100 dollars less!! Every tps I have gotten at autozone/hilo or auto parts stores in general only lasts a few months. I figured It might be wise to get a factory tps, but is it worth it? I need one because I have problems with idling and backfiring out of throttle body in mornings when i stomp on the gas---kind of like a shuddering.

ahh but the ones at autozone have a lifetime warrenty..

you only pay the 45 bucks once...:D

Shoot my whole cherokee has a lifetime warranty... thanks to autozone.

and I have used it .... starter, altenator, brake pads.... :D

Offroadman,

You need to check the online parts sites like rockauto.com and carparts.com. I paid less than $75 for my TPS a couple of years ago. It was the Standard brand, I installed it and have had no problems with the TPS since it has been installed.

I'd rather pay more for a good part than pay less and have to be replacing it every few months. As you know the calibration of the TPS is very critical for proper operation. That 83% of refrence voltage is not the easiest thing to set.

You may want take your XJ to the dealer or a garage which has the test set and have them calibrate the TPS. I also find a throttle body cleaning is a good thing and they will check all the sensors as part of the throttle body reinstall. You may have a marginal or bad sensor and the test set will pick it up.

Martin

Back