• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tubing for bumper HELP!!!!

live24wheel

NAXJA Forum User
OK I called Allstate Steel in Phoenix and they have 1.5" .120 wall steel round tube. I asked what kind it was and he said just regulare steel tubing.... Is that what I would want? Im planning to go pick it up in just a few minutes if so. Also he said it is $44 for a 20 foot length peice.

To be honest, mine is designed to meet the most basic aspects of our state law while providing solid shackle points for recovery. The bumper itself, while rigid, will not likely survive a contact with a car hellbent on hitting me any better than the stock bumper would have. But if he missed me and went in the ditch the towpoints are so solid I could drag him out of anything.

It's as high as possible and the last thing to hit anything in the back on an offroad obstacle would be the spring shackles.

Here's how it was done:

DSCF0708sm.JPG

live24wheel said:
OK I called Allstate Steel in Phoenix and they have 1.5" .120 wall steel round tube. I asked what kind it was and he said just regulare steel tubing.... Is that what I would want? Im planning to go pick it up in just a few minutes if so. Also he said it is $44 for a 20 foot length peice.

I order from EMJ metals in Phoenix and they deliver to tucson, They usually have good prices, my big orders they send from Cali.
P.O. Box 6768 Zip 85005 5445 W. Madison St.Phoenix, AZ 85043 Phone: (602) 272-0461 Fax: (602) 278-1007

Regular is just 11aug HREW tube, not DOM, It will be 20ft sticks where as DOM will be longer and seamless. 1.5in resists denting well but for sliders or bumpers that may get beat hard Id look for 3/16in thickness. The added thickness has less dent resistance for its cost then jumping to DOM tubing.

Back