• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spray paint

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
How many cans of spray paint would be needed to paint an entire MJ? Are they any kinds that are better then others? This would be a trail jeep, so quality wont really matter all that much. Im thinking of doing a Army green with a white star on the hood.

Also, if I were to paint it, how would I go about doing it? Ruff up the clear coat and spray? Or do I need to primer it, and then paint?

If this is in the wrong forum, move it, but I think its ok. Thanks

Starboard M said:
How many cans of spray paint would be needed to paint an entire MJ? Are they any kinds that are better then others? This would be a trail jeep, so quality wont really matter all that much. Im thinking of doing a Army green with a white star on the hood.

Also, if I were to paint it, how would I go about doing it? Ruff up the clear coat and spray? Or do I need to primer it, and then paint?

If this is in the wrong forum, move it, but I think its ok. Thanks

I love the rustoleum Hammered finish. Two coats rolled and brushed will allow you to change colors every year with NO pre-lim work per coat. Just repainted mine last sunday. 2 hours start to finish. Went from gray with red stripe to a custom rustoleum cordovan.
Bill

Back