• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What years were the "Icon" wheels available?

98JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
16 inch, 5 spokes. Like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43956&item=7983135778&rd=1

From what I can tell, they came on Classics and Limiteds. Were they from 99 and up? The clearcoat on my "snowflake" wheels is peeling something terrible and I'm looking at replacing them with some Icons and getting some new tires. I've seen pics of them on white XJs and I really like how they look.

I just want to know what years they come on when I'm calling around to the salvage yards...

2000 and 2001 for the XJ. Classic were grey, Limited they were silver. The same wheel is (or was) also offered on the Liberty but I don't know which years and models.

I've got a pair of 15 x 7's off my '96 Classic I'd sell you. They loom more rounded like TorqueThrusts that 60's musclecars had, but a stock Jeep wheels w/ 5.23" BS. I'm in Frederick, MD. so we could meet 1/2 way.... I just want to get black steel wheels w/ less back space so I'd be looking to just cover the price of wheels and mounting. Asking around $400?

aplatz said:
I've got a pair of 15 x 7's off my '96 Classic I'd sell you.
The man is asking specifically for 16x7 Icons. Why are you even bothering to offer 15x7 something else?

I don't understand.

Thanks again Eagle for your never-ending knowledge about anything/everything XJ-related. I never paid attention to the color difference between the Classics and Limiteds.

Now that I think about it, I think some of the KJ Renegades have the Icon wheels. I can't believe that I never noticed this before, being that I work in the service dept. at a Chrysler-Jeep dealership...

98JeepXJ said:
Now that I think about it, I think some of the KJ Renegades have the Icon wheels. I can't believe that I never noticed this before, being that I work in the service dept. at a Chrysler-Jeep dealership...
I know they do -- my friend's wife has a Renegade. I didn't know if any other models of the KJ have them, and I don't know if the color is the same as the grey on my 2000 XJ Classic or maybe a different shade. But it is the same wheel.

Back