• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wire connections under Rad...

aplatz

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm hooking up my new radiator, cleaning things up underneath and I see two wire fittings taped together (but not connected)under the radiator where the uni-body mates w/ the rad, etc. I bought this Jeep new back in '95 (it's a '96 XJ Classic, 4.0, 231, AW-4, D30/35, ABS, Up-Country) Is this maybe a block heater connection? I have no trailer hitch, so maybe it's a connection for a aux tranny cooler? Anybody know? It's 10PM and dark and I gotta get up at 5am othrewise I'd tell you where the wire lead to or from.

P.S. ANybody order parts from a dealer on Monday? The Chrysler server was down, so my parts didn't come in today. Bummer. I called another dealer today, they confirmed. I asked why they didn't call in the orders (makes sennce right?) He says they can't. Sounds weak to me....

Not sure about your year but the 97+ have a connector up there for the outside thermometer that went in the overhead console. There should also be another one under the battery to track battery temp, at least according to the FSM thats where it is, I've never looked.

I've got the temp thing in my overhead console (though it rarely seems to be correct) This isn't something I disconnected when removing the rad. This was electrical taped together (two female conncetions). Tomorrow I'll look and see where they go/lead...As always thanks Rich P! You da man....

Could also be from the factory fog light harness, might have had them when it was new... are they stock looking connectors ? Maybe the previous owner had a neon tube behind the grill :D

If it helps at all my '90 had the temp sensor wiring just hanging out behind the front bumper.

Was it where the temp sensor is circled?

bumper1.jpg

Yes, they both are where you circled. Come to think of it they might be fog lights. Since I use the factory switch, I assumed the wiring was original to my Hella 500's. Got it now, thanks.

Back