• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What you think about this lift?

CyberHack

NAXJA Forum User
Hi i'm a complete newbie and i'm planning on buying a XJ 91-95 i also want to fit 33x12.50 on it, and i was thinking buying this lift kit the RE6111 that contain.

Adjustable front track bar.
T-Case Lowering Kit.
BRAKE LINE SS REAR.
SWAY BAR DISC SET W/ 6" CENT.
SWAY BAR DISCONNECT ADAPTER BRACKET XJ-ZJ
SPRING CLAMP CLIP 2.5".
COIL SPRINGS XJ 4.5"
BUMP STOP 2" FRT XJ/ZJ/TJ.
BLOCK & U-BOLT KIT 1.5".
5/16" CENTER PIN.
ADD-A-LEAF KIT XJ 2.5.
BRAKE LINES SS FT XJ
and i'm upgrading to Adjustable Control Arms upper and lowers.
also it comes with Doestch Tech 3K shocks.

All for 849 bucks. with this lift can i fit 33 with some trimming right ?

Or can i go with a 3.5 lift and add some spacers (2") ?

will i need something else to do it right the first time? :)

This will be a DD with some trails on weekends. some mud, little rocks, not hardcore trail.

thanks for your help.

Fitting 33's on that 4.5" should be no problem with some cutting. RE lifts tend to sit a little higher than advertised.

I probably won't be the only one to say it, but stay away from AAL and especially blocks.

I noticed it has a T-Case drop, but sitting that high I'd say a SYE/DS kit is something that needs to be considered.

Get the RE6130 instead; skip the AAL and blocks. See my page for more...

Uhmm well with that kit it will be around 200 bucks more :( and i can't afford that.

and if like Starscream say that i will need a SYE/DS kit and that would increase a lot the price so maybe i will need something else right now, maybe. what would u recomend ? so i can fit 33" i have 800 to make the lift but if i can make it with less money that would be great, i don't care if the lift will just fit 32. and later upgrade.

I was looking at the rought country,tuff country also but in some forums say that those kit are trouble makers but i really don't know about those kits

I was going to suggest you contact Dirk(DPG) for one of his hybrid kits,but it sounds like your already in over your head.Stay away from those other kits and stick with the reputable manufacturers!If you stick with the years you stated,you probably wont have any drivetrain issues that cant be fixed by shimming or a TC drop.

CyberHack said:
Uhmm well with that kit it will be around 200 bucks more :( and i can't afford that.

what would u recomend ?
What would I recommend? Waiting 'til you've got the money to do it right.

91 to 95 should be okay with a T-case drop, without a SYE, but I couldn't promise you that.

Go with full leaf packs and not with the add-a-leaf. you'll be happier in the long run. Or don't do anything for the rear, but get a set of springs from a salvage yard for a Dodge Dakota. Search "Dakota springs" and you'll find out how to make them work. (I love my dakota springs much more than my aal)

Good luck

Daryl

Edit BTW X2 for what Yucca man said.

I agree with everyone. I started off the same way you did. I went with the aal and the blocks and i regret it. Go with the full leaf packs, better ride and they well flex a lot better to. they're right about those years not having drive train problems either. I have a 94 with 6.5ins of lift and a t-case drop and no problems. Try saving up another 200 bucks and get the full leaf pack. It'll also make it easy to go bigger when you want to. And you well want to. I also recomend going with RE, havn't had any problems with their stuff. Let me know how it goes.
James

well i was searching and found rustys what u think about the
4.5" XJ Spring Pack Kit it looks like a pretty good deal. for a 4.5" kit 670 bucks.

That would let me some bucks for a SYE/DS kit just in case i need it.

hola. really, just save a little more. yeah it sucks to have to wait but trust in that you wont have problems down the line requiring you spend more money fixing the 2nd rate components. NO AAL/NO BLOCKS, if you dont believe us search on other boards. also, every jeep is different in the SYE dept. a friend has a 96 and hes at 4.5 and needs a SYE, his friend is running a mix lift at the same height on a 94 w/tcase drop and is fine. just save a little more and do it right the first time, save until you can get a full pack/QUALITY LIFT.

-

If you are really set on doing the 4.5", then save your money like people have said. If you are looking to do 33's and want to keep your budget low, but still retain quality parts, you could go lower than 4.5".

Did you look into the RE 3.5" kit? I have seen people run 33's on that kit no problem, but of course they had to cut their fenders.

And if you did the 3.5", you could always stick some pucks and shackles in later to go up to around 5" and tuck bigger tires than 33's.

Just some thoughts...

Most people love RE. Rusty's has some hardcore fans, but it catches a lot more flack than RE. There have been some bad breakage involved with Rusty's parts, and minimal to none with RE.

I can't attest to this since I run a BDS setup, but search around for Rusty's and you can probably turn up some info on their parts.

Basically, search and draw your own conclusions.

Good luck...

Starscream918 said:
If you are really set on doing the 4.5", then save your money like people have said. If you are looking to do 33's and want to keep your budget low, but still retain quality parts, you could go lower than 4.5".

Did you look into the RE 3.5" kit? I have seen people run 33's on that kit no problem, but of course they had to cut their fenders.

And if you did the 3.5", you could always stick some pucks and shackles in later to go up to around 5" and tuck bigger tires than 33's.

Just some thoughts...
Yeap that would be another option that i was considering, i don't mind to trimm the fenders cuz i would add some bushwackers.. and i guess that would be a cheapest option right ? 3.5" RE plus 2 spacers in front and shackles rear. also with this setup i think would not need to trimm right ?

Thanks everyone for your help all this post are very helpfull for me, cuz i live in Mexico and here are not alot of people with all this knowledge.

Here ya go: http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=113

RE 4.5" Superflex kit with full packs. Complete kit with everything needed including swaybar discos, brake lines, TC drop, etc. etc. Comes with free shocks and free shipping. $949 delivered to your door. I ordered this kit and installed a few weeks ago and I'm extremely happy with it. Clears my 33x12.50 tires just fine and after a little trimming they don't rub anywhere.

Other kits such as the Rusty's are decent and seem like a screamin deal until you factor in that the Rusty's doesn't include shipping which can be well over $100. Not to mention the lack of sway bar discos and both control arms.

Back