• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Transfer case skid

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have one? They look beefy, and for $90ish seems like a steel.

Anyone know how thick of material it is?

How it mounts, pics are hard to tell, I think both rails and crossmember?

Thanks, Pics on XJ would be GREAT.
Jason

anybody ever installed one of these or seen one in person? I am ready to order RIGHT NOW if it will fit my 242 and anyone can tell me its not junk.

Looks good.
Jason

Red97XJ said:
anybody ever installed one of these or seen one in person? I am ready to order RIGHT NOW if it will fit my 242 and anyone can tell me its not junk.

Did you ever determine if this fits the 242? Maybe call WARN?

r@m

i ordered mine from redrock two days ago, i figured for that price, its worth a shot. if it turns out to be crap, its only 80 bucks right?

i'll post pics if you want once i get mine. oh and i have the 231

I've got one. Seemed to go one in 20 minutes. I have a couple of scrapes on it but I am @ 9" with 35s.

No issues as of yet.

check out DPG's skid...
well worth your time....

SharkXJ said:
How does it mount?

Thanks...

With bolts. :) Sorry. I couldn't resist. Here is a pic of it. It is simple and bridges the CM and the frame rails.
450.jpg

I would LOVE to buy the DPG skid, it is a no brainer.... EXCEPT that it only fits on 231's TC's. I have the 242, which I like for the most part.... until now that I am shopping for a TC skid! The 242 hangs down lower than the 231.

Thanks for the pics and input. I am going to get one if it fits the 242.

Anyone out there know if it fits 242?

Thanks,
Jason

Like Jason, I'd love to know it it fits a 242. I was planning to have one of my own design made, but it isn't going to happen--I don't know how to weld and my brother-in-law is being a turd. The Warn is my next choice due to price. From Cracker's pic it seems pretty flat when compared to the OEM skid. Has anyone e-mailed Warn? If not, I'll get on it tomorrow.

I have not e-mailed them. I am going to call Dirk at DPG next week to see if he can find out......... unless you have already found out by then! Please post on this thread if ya find out! I will do the same.

Thanks,
Jason

Red97XJ said:
HELP. Somebody this weekend has got to know if the warn TC skid will fit a 242...

anyone...........

I actually spent a couple of minutes looking for this answer for you but I came up with nothing. Come to think of it, it does not touch the transfer case at all. In fact, all it attaches to is the crossmember and the frame rail and I think I remember it comes with spacers if you have a crossmember that is lowered. I would put $ down that it would probably work with the 242, granted I cannot confirm that. I guess this warrants a phone call to Warn on Tuesday.

Look to see if your crossmember looks like mine in the picture and I'll bet it will work.

Red97XJ said:
Anybody else know if this skid will work with a 242 TC?

There's this thing in your house...it allows you to talk to other people all over the planet in real-time...it's real easy to use, most destinations have a number you can look up...

It's called a....

Telephone!

Look it's even a free call:

"Contact Us" at warn.com

:D

HTH

r@m

Back