• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions on this long arm lift?

Well, I have no personal experience with this kit. But I can say that this kit going for $499 SEEMS like a good deal. I have seen prices on this kit range from $750-$1K, easy. I didn't see if it was used or not, but still, that's a decent price IMO.

Think your $$ would be better spent on a RE short arm if your only goin 4".There is something odd about that kit LA but no upper CA?.
OlyWa

AAL's suck. It look likes is uses long lca's but stock uca's. If you did purchase that kit, i would spend some money on some leaf packs. Teraflex is a reputable company though.

Its not a true "long arm/radius arm".you will get some pretty severe pinion angle changes with this set-up.I run my own set-up, but if youre looking to buy I would checkout the Full Traction set.I met up with a local awhile back that had their kit,I was really impressed with it!

Yeah like I said there is something odd about that kit.Even if the LCA's were just a couple inches longer than stock your diff would be rotating like crazy when it cycled.The skyjacker 6" RR lift is a mid arm and it has upper arms and drops the arm.I dont see how teraflex can get away with it...just looks scary to me.
OlyWa

the pinion will climb like crazy under droop! the arms arew so far out of parallel arcs... hmmm

interesting concept though

try searching for post by goatman with the terms "midarm" to see what a possible soution for the apparent lack of UCA thought...

personaly - ill stick with my short arms...

It works great. It rides beautifully on the freeway, and it flexes like crazy off-road, especially if you put adjustable flex upper arms on too. I'm running 6" with this kit. No, my pinion doesn't bind at droop.

JeepTeraLA.jpg

(This is before I adjusted the caster back to where it should be.)

Last edited:
Doodahman can you post a length on the lower arms? I would like to mock up a model to see what the pinion does.Besides I have a bunch of 1/4 hiems that I have wanted to play with.
OlyWa

I've known few guys that ran long lowers an short uppers. one taco'd the upper arm, the other ended up tearing upper arm mounts. bear in mind theyboth wheeled pretty hard and on a regular basis.

I posted them at one time, but I forgot what they were. I'll have to measure again. As for my uppers, I am running Teraflex prototype flex arms. They will build you some from their builders' arms if you want or sell you the pieces. Their new flex joints kick a$$. Their standard flex arms are too short for 6" of lift.(they wear out quick too)

Check out thier site for info.
http://www.teraflex.biz/pages/jeepbuilder.php?jeepID=32&prodID=51&subID=5

Back