• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Trax No Slip broke in 1/8th. of a mile.

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
OK No Slip Gurus... what did I/we do wrong? The passenger side paddle on the slotted spacer got heared off as did afew (1 maybe 2 ) cogs on the passenger side coupler.
Everything seemed to go together fairly easily did the gap check & it looked OK... there did seem to be more backlash/slop than I thought there should be. The only other thing that seemed to be weird was the test part steps #41 through #44. I knew I should of stoped things there & had him tear it back apart. This is on a 1996 I-6, AW-4 with a 8.25.... can the carrier be bad? 93K. miles
Thanks for any insight & thoughts.....
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

If its new,yours makes the 4th one this month(that I know of).The factory is blaming it on some bad parts.Give them a call !!!

It is new.....it would be my luck to buy something that has a fairly good reputation and get a unit from the "bad" lot..
ARGGGGGH !! I want to break something... not my locker though.
Keep any and all thoughts coming...
Curt (aka "frustrated" Xtreme XJ)

Ive had mine for about 2 1/2 years and zero problems.Its just been since Richmond Gear bought them out!

I had one that I pulled out of another axle and put into mine, so it was not new and I broke th same thing. I have a pretty good feeling I was just a bit off when I installed it (the paddle needs to in the open slot are of the side coupler) I had a new one sent out and have had 0 issues since.

No problems with mine either it's about 3 months old and I go get muddy every chance i get.

Same side

Kind of funny when mine went out it was the same side?:confused: My replacement unit is working great and Imay throw one in the front soon.

Good Luck!

[ I have a pretty good feeling I was just a bit off when I installed it (the paddle needs to in the open slot are of the side coupler) I had a new one sent out and have had 0 issues since. [/B][/QUOTE]

Kid ..anyone.. can you be "just abit off" ? It seemed to me to be
one way only.. the paddle was in the widest gap...
Oh well ! thanks guys for all the feed back....& keep it coming if
you've got any other info.
Thanks....
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

My XJ's still in the air w/the SAME broken part! It happened saturday, and it may be another week before I see a replacement.:mad:

Back