• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cancer spots

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
i've got two cancer spots just above the rain gutter on the drivers side. I can probably pull a couple layers of rust off, but in turn will leave a small hole. should i pull off all rust, sand, primer and paint, or should i use some bondo to fill the whole and then finish it up?

thx

Go to a body shop supply - get some Rust-Mort (rust converter and stopper) and some AllMetal or Metal2Metal (metallised body filler.)

The Rust-Mort is about the best damn thing I've seen for killing rust spots, and I've always had a problem with filling in spots in metal with plastic. Metal2Metal/AllMetal is a two-part like Bondo, but it's a metallised putty, rather than a polymer resin. Does a better job of filling, doesn't shrink, and stays bloody put.

Make sure to rough up the area you're going to fill before you apply the filler - Metal2Metal/AllMetal like being able to get a really good grip...

5-90

Back