• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here we go again...

red91

NAXJA Forum User
So I did the CPS...fired right up, and held an idle very well for 30 min.

I put my foot into the accelerator, and it chokes itself out....

NOW WHAT ???

this is getting infuriating.

Failure to come off of an idle is a classic problem of a bad throttle position sensor. Have you washed the engine lately? Getting water in the sensor is the kiss of death.

Low fuel pressure or a bad MAP can also present similar symptoms but not as common. A distributor that is misindexed can also cause this, but that only happens if you just pulled the distributor.

Last edited:
well guys...this is why I LOVE NAXJA. But apparently it is none of the above...

Guys in the shop said "lets pull the fuel filter....sure as S_it it was really really bad!! black crap, and water. AND my tank is half full. They are gonna put in a new tank and I'm ordering a filter right now.

I thought gas at work for ($0.00) was a good thing. I have never had problems in the 5.5 years at this place.

I guess in the long run....fuel expense to repair ratio has been good. BUT damn...that was disapointing.

But like I said Chuck, Tom....thanks so much. If your ever up this way I'm buying, even though I don't drink.

:D Your help has greatly reinforced my attitude about the helpful nature of our members.

PS...Tom...I ALWAYS carry a spare TPS. That was the first thing I tried ;)

red91inWA said:
If your ever up this way I'm buying, even though I don't drink.

Hmm, so then what else accounts for your behavior?

Lawn Cher' said:
Hmm, so then what else accounts for your behavior?

Having to deal with another OUTSPOKEN, SARCASTIC, Jewish guy like you ! :kissyou:

Odds are...I could pound a couple if your in the area. You might even get better looking :D

red91inWA said:
Having to deal with another OUTSPOKEN, SARCASTIC, Jewish guy like you ! :kissyou:

Odds are...I could pound a couple if your in the area. You might even get better looking :D

You can't beat perfection, my friend.

Sorry to bring things crashing back to reality, but the dealer fixed my stalling Gremlin!!!!!!!!
It was the CPS and connector.
It was expensive(labour and parts from the dealer cost 320$ for an hours diagnosis<garanteed for a year> and install of mopar parts)
It was worth it.

Also I've heard several times now from people that SHOULD know that borge warner aftermarket CPS's are junk and only work half the time out of the box. Just in case anyone put one in and it didn't fix the problem.

LostintheWoods said:
but the dealer fixed my stalling Gremlin

Gremlin?
top.ht7.gif

:D

Rev

Back