• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intermitant stalling

hulk

NAXJA Forum User
ok guys it is alot like lostinthewoods problem my xj shuts off ocassionly when i hit bumps. except i have replaced the cps at least 7 times. plus a new computer, new distributor, and connectors. please help. we need to expel my demon.

Year, engine, tranny would help.

please also note TOM , i replaced the computer at the dealerships diognostic report, and of course they are never wrong. i also in good faith paid them to replace my cps. because they wouldnt stand behind their trouble shooting, unless they replaced the cps. boy did i get hosed, i might as well as bought a 5 legged donkey please note i would not let them install my new computer.they wanted 350$ for 3 bolts and a connector, and they wonder why we dislike them. thanks for your reply

Last edited:
hulk said:
ok guys it is alot like lostinthewoods problem my xj shuts off ocassionly when i hit bumps. except i have replaced the cps at least 8 times. plus a new computer, new distributor, and connectors. please help. we need to expel my demon.

Oh Incredible Green One ;) , I may have the answer to your problem. The story of the engine shutting off when going over bumps suggests that you may have a loose ground connection somewhere in the engine bay. Check the ground between battery and body, block and chassis, head and firewall. Also make sure that the wiring harness connector to computer and the conector to firewall under brake booster aren't loose. You may need to clean the latter.

Back