• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reverse Glow Gauges

Dumb question, do you see ANYTHING there that would lead you to believe that is a full set of guages. Maybe the fact they are sitting flat on a table with wires going to them threw you off..............:dunce:

They do not make Glowing '84-'96 XJ Guages period. The only way to get it is those crappy overlays or make your own custom setup out of Autometers. If you need new gauges, look for a whole cluster............ :lecture:

Ok, so do they make them? I have looked at some places, but did not find any. Anyone have ideas where to look? ANd, if I were to get overlays, what would be the drawback?

Thanks,
Silent

I do not believe anywhere makes actual Full Replacement guages for the XJ. The Dealer, Junkyards, Ebay, and Here are about your only option to find a decent used set. I bought the Overlays and the quality sucked. The things peeled apart after I installed them and it got hot enough. Plus I snapped a few needles trying to get the damn things on and had to get a new cluster anyways. I would not waste the money.

Well, I am looking at upgrading my gauges (glow,white,something..)somehow. Any idea what clusters will swap over to a 95 XJ 4.0?

Thanks,
Silent

'91-'96 Guages will swap right in. As far as the upgrade goes. Like I said, you only have 2 options. The overlays or a set of Autometers (which will be a totally custom install). There is one other thing I have seen done. You can buy neon lighting and run it around the inside of your guages. It's little thin neon lighting that you can buy at Autozone. That's all I got..................:cheers:

here's mine

437678_6_full.jpg

91 Jeep Project said:
He wants actual gauges not overlays. Did you even read the thread, get out of here.......... :laugh3:

P.S. I'm on the rag today, Rubicon Express is wearin' on my last nerve
Yeah! No kidding my lift has been back ordered for about 3 weeks now. I am a few days from cancelling it!

Back