• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mako Offroad XJ Lift Kit?

Beachmonkey6

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ive got a 1990 Jeep XJ and im thinkin about gettin the Mako Offroad XJ Lift Kit. This kit includes: Each Kit comes with a pair of 4.5 inch heavy duty coil springs for up front. 2 Rear add-a-leafs with center bolts and 4 Pro Comp ES3000 shocks with boots. Plus a track bar relocator kit, Brake Lines, sway bar end links and adaptors and Tcase Drop. This is the least expensive way I know to reliably lift your Jeep Cherokee to add up to 33 inch tires. AWESOME lift. Everything you need is inluded to lift your kit.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this kit?

Beachmonkey6 said:
Hey ive got a 1990 Jeep XJ and im thinkin about gettin the Mako Offroad XJ Lift Kit. This kit includes: Each Kit comes with a pair of 4.5 inch heavy duty coil springs for up front. 2 Rear add-a-leafs with center bolts and 4 Pro Comp ES3000 shocks with boots. Plus a track bar relocator kit, Brake Lines, sway bar end links and adaptors and Tcase Drop. This is the least expensive way I know to reliably lift your Jeep Cherokee to add up to 33 inch tires. AWESOME lift. Everything you need is inluded to lift your kit.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this kit?

IWOULD LOOK SERIOUSLY AT THE FEEDBACK RATE ON MAKO ON EBAY AND READ ALL (IM GOING TO REPEAT MYSELF...ALLLLLL THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK)
ON MAKO
ohh and as far as the kit
its crap

there customer service sucks balls, well it would. but its pretty much non existant. buy something quality the first time and be done...for a while:D

A bunch of crapola. Tracbar relocators are like 15 years old, seriously, the design is out of date. AAL, you should know not to get them. ES3000's suck ass too. It may be the least expensive way, but you get what you pay for

VegasAnthony said:
IWOULD LOOK SERIOUSLY AT THE FEEDBACK RATE ON MAKO ON EBAY AND READ ALL (IM GOING TO REPEAT MYSELF...ALLLLLL THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK)
ON MAKO
ohh and as far as the kit
its crap

I have had nothing but great results with MAKO on ebay and have bought from them 4 times and always has been a poative experience and good products.

checking the feedback

7 of the last 20 negatives are from teh same guy

5 are from guys who never gave make or model # to complete the orders

3 are from one guy who decided not to pay LOL

5 for slow shipping

does not sound too bad to me.

I believe the lift parts are pro comp, for what that is worth, and for 4.5" you will also need at min lower control arms to correct castor angles

parts I orderd where not lift parts but bushings, drink caddies etc.

i will add that there uca's are rather stout, just took a month to get them!

Ramsey said:
i will add that there uca's are rather stout, just took a month to get them!

On their side it does say on the arms that they will be built oonce auction is closed or used to say that. So those parts will be slower. They look just like the procomp units.

i know and that didnt bother me i was ready for the wait, but hte lack of customer service was awful. never once did i hear from them after attempting contact everyway i knew possible. e-mail phone(left many messages) and even through ebay. i left them neg feedback and the same day they responded to the feedback but still did not call or respond to me.

Most all of Makos Urethane components are really Daystar. I had only a couple of problems with them other than that, specifically the TIME it took to get my stuff, and total absence of communication/customer service.

xjnation said:
I have had nothing but great results with MAKO on ebay and have bought from them 4 times and always has been a poative experience and good products.

parts I orderd where not lift parts but bushings, drink caddies etc

checking the feedback

7 of the last 20 negatives are from teh same guy

so this guy bought seven diffrent items and had problems with all of em

5 are from guys who never gave make or model # to complete the orders

says who?? Mako (seems a little fishy that 5 people did not give the make or model

3 are from one guy who decided not to pay LOL

again says who Mako

5 for slow shipping

well earned

does not sound too bad to me.

Really ????

I believe the lift parts are pro comp, for what that is worth, and for 4.5" you will also need at min lower control arms to correct castor angles

parts I orderd where not lift parts but bushings, drink caddies etc.[/QUOTE

if you look up the feedback that he left he said I treid to rip him off
funny how palpal had my correct address with payment ye he said I tried to give him a false address

sorry to go on about this but he screwed me around so bad Im still pissed about it

oh BTW you could look up my thread on Mako and there customer problems and mine but it was magically deleted by someone and when I pursued the matter I was basically told not to .......

Thumpersdriver said:
Most all of Makos Urethane components are really Daystar. I had only a couple of problems with them other than that, specifically the TIME it took to get my stuff, and total absence of communication/customer service.

for me like I said perfect communication and shipping time..longest was 6 days from close of auction.

xjnation said:
for me like I said perfect communication and shipping time..longest was 6 days from close of auction.

cool Ill remember them when Im looking to buy some drink caddies

sorry xjnation
but I would argue this point to ends with anyone who tries to defend this shyster
nothin personal

I recognize your name from all the good posts youi have made on NAXJA
and think yoiu are a good asset to this forumn
but I think you are dead wrong in backing MAKO

3 are from one guy who decided not to pay LOL again says who Mako

seller refuses to answer a simple question & i refuse to pay!!!
Buyer big-pain ( 2 ) May-31-05 13:53 7974457451

Follow-up by big-pain: If asking a question about the product is a pain to u then stop selling on ebay Jun-01-05 08:13

Reply by makomfg: Customer never asked question or we would answer will get non payer warning

and the same buyer has 1 other non paying auctions too sounds like the buyer to me not bad for 4 auctions

and the guy with 7 paid with a bad credit card it appears and was sent to non paying bidders

Last edited:
VegasAnthony said:
cool Ill remember them when Im looking to buy some drink caddies

sorry xjnation
but I would argue this point to ends with anyone who tries to defend this shyster
nothin personal

I recognize your name from all the good posts youi have made on NAXJA
and think yoiu are a good asset to this forumn
but I think you are dead wrong in backing MAKO

so what is your real world beef with them?

Beef_01_03_75dpi.jpg

Its what's for dinner.

Lawn Cher' said:
Beef_01_03_75dpi.jpg

Its what's for dinner.

LOL that reminds me new yorks and corn on the cob for dinner tonight....

Look Im not saying they are gods

IM trying to make the point that very few have had reall problems with them and as for slow shipping we all have dealt with vendors who have had that problem.

4470 auctions with 84 negative and many if you actually read the responses are not deserved

I myself have had a few when orders came in and new inventory was not there, but backordered. I always offer to refund or ask if they wish to wait.

I dont think I will ever order lift parts from them, but I will continue to order the bushings, etc that are 2x times the cost elsewhere

xjnation said:
so what is your real world beef with them?

WELL I did have a 100% feedbck till i had to deal with them
Its the principal of the thing
I am a fair trader and seller not a cheat like Mako posted

posted by Mako

Customer tried to cheat us asking to ship to diff address then paypal Seller: makomfg(4926) Apr-09-05 13:52 794820631

Inever asked them to hsip to a diffrent address
so he is lying and calling me a cheat in the same sentence

how would youi feel if were your feedback???

Yea I know its not a big deal to anyone other than me

but now what if It was my first purchase on Ebay?

then I couldnt bid on a lot of other items cause some sellers wont let youi bid if yoiu have neg feedback

I have never screwed anyone and wont and Mako basically called me a cheat
and scoundrel

and my post on Naxja was deleted due to fact that someone didnt like what I had to say

Last edited:
VegasAnthony said:
WELL I did have a 100% feedbck till i had to deal with them
Its the principal of the thing
I am a fair trader and seller not a cheat like Mako posted

posted by Mako

Customer tried to cheat us asking to ship to diff address then paypal Seller: makomfg(4926) Apr-09-05 13:52 794820631

Inever asked them to hsip to a diffrent address
so he is lying and calling me a cheat in the same sentence

how would youi feel if were your feedback???

Yea I know its not a big deal to anyone other than me

but now what if It was my first purchase on Ebay?

then I couldnt bid on a lot of other items cause some sellers wont let youi bid if yoiu have neg feedback

I have never screwed anyone and wont and Mako basically called me a cheat
and scoundrel

and my post on Naxja was deleted due to fact that someone didnt like what I had to say

Did you have a confirmed addy for your shipping? did the address you asked to ship too match that address? I am one of few who would ship to a non confirmed address. and I willnot ship to an address that is different thatn the paypal address unless I know them.

Look it you did have a bad experience we all have

I had a punk buy a turbo charger from me, complaint to ebay that it did not work, ebay rufunded their money and when I asked to have the turbo back he sold it ot his friend who put it in his toyota truck....it cost me my ebay account and 250.00 and he laughed at it when I told ebay they gave me no response.... No I share an account with Alice.

If I where you I would have pursued it farther with a complaint to ebay and get the record changed. It s a simple process

Back