• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swaping out a 1989 xj 4.0 to 1993cj 4.0

tohip2002

NAXJA Forum User
hi all i am swaping out a 1989 4.0 with a renix f.i. i have a 1993 4.0 from a cj i have the comp and every thing all most i have a auto trans in my xj and the 93 was a 5speed will my crank pos sensor work with the new motor also will my flex plate fit on the new motor and also is there any thing else i might need to get for the swap any thing you can think of would be a big help peeps see ya

tohip2002 said:
i have a 1993 4.0 from a cj
93 CJ?
thinking.gif

That should be a 93 YJ unless it was a 93 motor in an older CJ that someone had swapped in...I put a 93 YJ 4 cyl in my old 86 chero and the crank pos and everything was fine...the only thing i can think of that i can't answer for you is: the 93 would be the high output, the 89 is not, so computer stuff is probably different. I have heard that the 93 computer is different than the 94 and newer, so you may be ok, but hopefully someone else can help you from here.

Back