• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical nightmare! plz help me end it!

heroshima

NAXJA Forum User
1990 xj cherokee having starting problems. starter turns over but not getting a spark at coil distribution. so the problem is definitely electrical. replaced coil, battery is new, replaced alternator, checked relays and considering changing starter relay switch. not sure if starter relay switch is a factor though. am open to all suggestions!

If the engine is turning over, but not starting it's either not getting fuel or not geting spark. Check to see if you are getting fuel. If you are then it is a spark problem. If it is a spark problem then I would expect that it is the Electronic ignition module. Good Luck!

mrbill3 said:
If the engine is turning over, but not starting it's either not getting fuel or not geting spark. Check to see if you are getting fuel. If you are then it is a spark problem. If it is a spark problem then I would expect that it is the Electronic ignition module. Good Luck!

I had the same problem a while back, and it turned out to be the Ignition Module. It's located right under your coil. AutoZone can test it for you.

heroshima said:
1990 xj cherokee having starting problems. starter turns over but not getting a spark at coil distribution. so the problem is definitely electrical. replaced coil, battery is new, replaced alternator, checked relays and considering changing starter relay switch. not sure if starter relay switch is a factor though. am open to all suggestions!

Theres a little box with alot of wires on it behind the battery on the fender well. I played a dirty trick on my buddy i pulled the little green wire off in the woods it would turn over but not start of course after makin him sweat i put it back on fired right up check it out

Back