• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ rocker makeing

JeepinINdaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to make me a set of rocker and am wondering if anyone has a drawling of what they did. I am going to use 4x2 box steel as the rocker with 2x2 to the fram rail adn 1/4 plate to mount to rail. Anyone have other options of mounting or mounting ideas for the pinch sean. I have looked online and cant find anything.

Thanks

Justin

1x1x.120 is the exact radius for the pinch seam,I got 7 1/4x20 bolts in each side(pinch seam) and 2 per leg(3 legs per side).
rocker.jpg

al%20skids.jpg

JeepinINdaXJ said:
thanks man. did you put a plate on the other side rail or just bolt through?
Its bolted "to it" using "nut-serts",there really is any load there,nobody has ever seen them move yet!The skids totally eliminate any "hang-up" issues(especially with an intermidiate leg).

Try madxj. com. I don't know how to link it or I would. Go to "all madxj technical articals" then click "rocker panels". There are 3 different options of rocker protection/replacement that I found very helpful when I built mine. My xj is a trail rig so I went with the "serious high clearance" option and I used them right a way. They are awsome. I am VERY pleased with the functionality of them. I did not make air tanks out of them because I felt that that was a task for a more expierenced welder then what I am. You can modify and do what works for your rig as you go along. I did a few things different then what the aurthor suggested. When you get done post some pics. Good luck!
67jseb.jpg
]
67jsk6.jpg
]

Last edited:
thanks for the info. I have looked on madxj and just feel like that will take to much time for me to do. How long did it take you i am working with a weekend in this mod?

It may be kind of an odd sugeestion but do one side one weekend. See how long it take you and then figure out if you have enough time to finish the other side. The other side will go much faster since you've done it once on the first side. If you do not have enough time you could plan to do the other side at a later date.

Depending on how skilled you are, help you have and the avialability of materials and tools I can see it being done in a weekend if you start friday night and dedicate all your time to the fab.

Back