• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FINALLY getting an OME kit!! Couple questions though.

sweetjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks. I FINALLY have the $$ (and absolute need*) to get a lift for my daily driver.

I decided on the OME for all the obvious reasons. I did my homework and I think about the best price I could find was $792 for 4 springs and 4 shocks. This might have included u-bolts too.. I forget. I believe this was through Rocky Road I beileve.

1) Does anyone know a better place/price?
2) I saw some 4" front springs for a TJ.. does anyone know if they make a 4" lift for the XJ? I haven't seen any indication of such.

Thanks a lot!

*I say "need" litterally. My leafs are litterally in a steady state of a slight negative arch. The things are TOAST. I tow a fair bit and treat the XJ a little more like a truck than a Jeep. ;)

I am in the same boat as you. At first I was looking at OME kit and while it apparently rides well it is just sooo expensive and doesnt include many parts. You can get the RE 3.5" Superflex w/spring packs and OME Shocks for less than 800$ shipped from multiple sites.

When I order mine Ill get it from one of these two:

www.jeepinoutfitters.com
www.americanmudder.com

If your'e set on the OME then call around and Im sure someone will work with you on price. I know they have a minimum advertised price so it's highly likely you could get the OME for less money.

I can tell you this. I went ahead and got my OME set up from Rocky Road. This was a couple of years ago. I dont know if its changed and someone has a better deal, but RR seemed to offer the best deal at the time. I LOVE the ride! Just dances over most anything, really, with exclellent road manners. I have OME shocks and springs, WITH the OME AAL (because I tow), and an OME steering shock. VERY nice suspention for a moderate lift, and as far as Im concerned, more than worth the money. :thumbup: Oh, and I went for the "Heavy load" Set up.

They also have 'light' 'medium' and 'heavy duty' spring packs so check that out also seeing as how you do alot of towing. I'd think you'd need the HD packs.

Based on my personal experience with all the mentioned vendors on this thread (excluding americanmudder), you need to do yourself a favor and call DPG off-road or jeepin outfitters (does Jason sell OME?).

sweetjeep said:
Thanks guys.

I definately decided to go with the HD stuff.

Dirk: I have prices on DPG, they are a little more expensive but well within reason.

If they are within $100 I would buy from them.

JMO

BTW, I see you have a '99. You may have driveline vibe problems at 3" that you will get from the HD OME stuff. I did in my '96 with the '97+ drivetrain.

That will up the cost by a few hundred if you fix it the right way.

HTH

I guess prices may have changed a bit, but a couple years back I got full OME suspension from DPG for about 750 shipped. When I bought everything, I called up Dirk based on recommendations from this board, and I'm not sure it was absolutely the lowest price, but it was right in there, and the service was great. If I ever decide to upgrade, I am definitely buying from DPG again.

Make sure to consider shipping when shopping prices.

Travis

Back