• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB antenna mount i saw on here..

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
I remember seeing an antenna mount on here that would fit behind the tail light, somebody made it and it was basically a plate that fit behind the tail light and stuck out to the side, it was light gray i think, was sellin for 20 bucks, anyone remember/know of this? it wasnt a standard L bracket set up

I have one of those mounts its awesome

Any issues with it getting ripped off yet?

So far so good have a 4 foot wilson fiberglass antennna with a spring between the antenna and the base got in some low hanging limbs this weekend no problems.

No problems with mine with 4' firestick. Its been through a lot of trees. I had to modify just a tad for it to line up, but it's great.

http://bellscb.com/products/antennas/Firestik/new/Firestik_ss-204A.htm

that should do it for ya. I got one 2 weeks ago. Looks real good, comes with the cable. A 4' antenna sticks up a little high, i'd maybe go for a 3' if i wasnt given one for free. It sticks out from the side of the body a little bit, so i drilled a new hole in it slight in from the bottom left one in the picture. Then i used the stock tailight bolt to put through that one, and drilled 3 more holes for the other 3 screws, and that got it in pretty close. A buddy of mine has the same one. He ripped his off a few times at Tellico in Western NC, so his is flat now and screwed onto the rear bumper endcap. It'll stay on there pretty solid as long as you dont get too close to trees etc. A random branch wont rip it off, too stout for that.

oh yeah, also, i mounted it backwards, so that the bend was towards the front, and the antenna mount was towards the back. I figured maybe it will be a little less inclined to catch trees, rocks, banks, etc. you can rotate the mount 180* with two allen head bolts, so that isnt a problem.

Hi. Im out of mounts right now, we just had a baby girl (number four) and weve been kinda busy. Ive just about got the bugs worked out of the 96 and earlier mounts though.

Thanks AJ

akrazgpr said:
Hi. Im out of mounts right now, we just had a baby girl (number four) and weve been kinda busy. Ive just about got the bugs worked out of the 96 and earlier mounts though.

Thanks AJ
Guess I should of read all of this before e-mailing you! :laugh3:
I just e-mailed you from [email protected]
BTW I forgot to tell you mine's a '92.
Let me know when you can do something.
Thanx!

My question to akrazgpr is this; Are you planning on getting back into the cb antenna mount business again any time soon. I am definately interested in buying one if you make any more.

its not the branches hitting the antenna but the branches hitting the mount itself and breaking the light and bending the panel:banghead:

same here.. If you start makeing more. i'll take one off your hands

I agree, or least can you give up some dimensions so we can have a local welder make us some. If not pm when you start again, I want one.
Blake

Back