• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper/PS bracket.

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I got sick of the big old lame brush guard I had on my jeep so I took it off. That and had my welder hooked up just sitting there so I picked up some metal at work and started to work on the bumper. I got the main part of the bumper done. I then got some tubing to bend up a bit of a stinger for it. I thought at first with how simple the bumper was at first was to use the stock brackets. I cut them flush with the bumper and was going to weld them on to that. Well now with what all I want to add to it I don't want the brackets being the week point. Clearly right. So I got two plates of 3/8"x6 Flatbar. about 16" long. I want to bolt up to that last hole for more support. That will be more than enough support. This is a none winch bumper so I've fine with the setup.
Here is my question. I've talked to two guys and I know I have read on here about the the powerstearing box causing cracks in the frame. Well I did 3 searches and after looking throught them I'm not finding the info on them.
Is the plate just on the outside of the frame or inside aswell? I was thinking of just punching out the holes for the PS bolts. I guess I could punch the holes out on the plate and then run them through the plate for the bumper. Any thoughts on this pics other ideas info on the PS brackets I've heard about, but can't find any info? I'm wanting to get this bumper done by wed. so I can bring it into the shop to sandblast it and get it home for a primer job and paint for thrusday and friday get it on sat and wheel maybe sat or sunday. The brackets are holding me up right now. I can't do the tube work tell I get the bumper on and can't get the bumper on tell I figure out the ps bracket thing. Any help would be great. I am taking pics of the work as I go along and will post up later.

Cool thanks for the link. I thought there was another website other than jks that makes them.
I'm thinking about just punching out the holes on the bumper bracket then later go back and do the inside plate. I'm only running 32s right now. Sounds like this is more of a problem for guys running bigger 35+ tires.

So is JKS the only one that puts these out? I might have to jump into that market for making these things.

OK ya thats the site I was looking for. I saw it sometime ago and bookmarked it. But my home pc got reimaged and I lost all my links. Thanks.

Back