• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T - any comments?

01xj

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for new tires - have read most of the other threads.

Any experience with Bridgestone (sans the Firestone holocaust).
They seem to have several "new" technologies ?!!?

I have 31" Duelers on mine. They grip well, but they're a little loud on the freeway.

Any idea the difference between the standard A/T and the
A/T "Revo". Appears to be a substantial tread design difference
and I'm wondering what the change would do for highway
conditions.

I'm not really sure what "an aggressive sidewall design" is
either.

Bridgestone A/T's

I have a friend who wheels with bridgestone A/T's on the weekends and drive st work all week. HE says that he will never buy another mud tire. Quiet on the highway, exellent treadwear, and good performance off road.

good luck.

ME

89XJ lifted locked stroked MTR'd ect. ect.
99XJ Stock MTR'd

You looking for AT's or MT's? I use ProComp MT's on two of my three jeeps. Got Bridgestone's on the wife's Grand and they work alright.... Rest assured ProComp At's will be the replacements. Two of my neighbors run the ProComp AT's are are very happy with them (Dodge 2500 and Chevy 2500). Better shop around before buying. They don't have the best rep.

I have 265/70R15 revos and i love the hell out of them. Best all purpose tire i have every used. The fling the mud good for being an A/T, they clean out of mud good at mid to upper rpms. On snow and ice they are no fun. i coulnt whip it around in parking lots and corners very well at all. i find them quite on the road. The snow doent stick to the tread for the most part. I highly reccommend them for anybody looking for an A/T tire. I just ordered a set for my grandma. They are a little pricey for an A/T. I paid 525 out the door with a $5 per tire road hazzard.

skog

A/T Revo - I just ordered a pair last night and they'll be putting
them on tomorrow morning. Price is $115 each balanced and
installed (not bad). I have 2 friends who do a combo of off
road/highway with XJ's and they swear by these - say they wear
like iron.

I read most of what they have on their web-site about their new
technologies and the "full spiral wrap" construction sounds
interesting and makes sense to me.

I drive a lot in snow (and very little off road)- I'm told they are
amazing in snow and ice and, as you mentioned, they
supposedly displace snow (and water) very well.

I can't really say anything bad about the Wrangler A/T's I got 50K
out of - except for the weird buldging sidewalls that started from
day 1 and were really anoying to look at (even though the
dealer said it was perfectly normal???) What's up with that?

We'll see how the Revo's do.........

skog said:
On snow and ice they are no fun. i coulnt whip it around in parking lots and corners very well at all.

skog

I agree, mine worked great in the snow and ice this past winter.I kinda wished I could spin around corners a little though. Good offroad tire.

i did not like my 31 x 10.5 it was the only tire i could get stuck in the desert with. i did not like the wet weather preformance either. the jeep would slip bad on the freeway in small puddles. granted this was five years ago. i did get good wear out of them though. it was over two years and lost of off roading. all around they were a ok tire. JMHO

mark91xjbeef said:
i did not like my 31 x 10.5 it was the only tire i could get stuck in the desert with. i did not like the wet weather preformance either. the jeep would slip bad on the freeway in small puddles. granted this was five years ago. i did get good wear out of them though. it was over two years and lost of off roading. all around they were a ok tire. JMHO

These had the regular tread pattern of the Dueler A/T right?

I heard the same thing, however, I was also told that the
redesigned tread pattern of the Revo made it an entirely
different tire with infinitely better performance on "loose
surfaces".

If anyone has any specific experience with the Revo - I'd be
interested in hearing about it.

Thanks

Dueler Revo: Where did you get them?

Mainly for 01 XJ, but any one else can answer as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question: Where did you get them at $115.00 per tire? I called around Northern Idaho, Spokane and Missoula and the best price I could find was $142 and change before taxes.

Please post here and pm me as well. I'm still shopping, haven't committed to any body yet.

I have a '96 XJ, stock suspension, nothing as yet replaced. I have the Duellers Revo II's with the new tread design. Salesman called it the "dragon tread". Grips the dry and wet road surface really well. My XJ drives like a sports car in the city.

This tire supposedly grips well on snow and ice . I did a lot of comparative online research prior to buying these tires. I stumbled across a tire review/polling site that was vehicle specific. Don't ask for the URL, I lost it when my hard drive self-destructed without warning. It got rave reviews. Apparently, there are a lot of happy XJers using this tire.

Purchased at Firestone. I paid $ 119 apiece but got a buy three, get one free deal. Of course after that comes the mounting/balancing, etc fees.....:

I can hardly wait for the upcoming winter!

I'm getting the Revos when my Yokahama's wear out. All I hear are glowing reviews about them and how long they last. They are pretty expensive though. :D

This gets asked so many times, but it seems to be tire specific; what is the largest (of course) Revo that would fit on a stock '01? Anyone know fer sure?

redxjjoe:

www.tirerack.com has revos and it looks like they are a better price. I had some michelin tires shipped from them for my wifes last car. Found a tire place local that would mount & balance for $19/tire. Even with that and shipping (on tax) I still saved over $125. and it was fun to really hold the tire and see how its made before it was installed. and the new tire smell!

One of my best friends live up in sandpoint. I have yet to visit up there, heard its beautiful

Love them, I switch between them and a set of Dunlop MT's for off-road use.

Quiet on the higway, I have nearly 20k on my Revo's and they show extremely little wear.

Hey, here's a little clue to help avoid 'Firestoning" a tire. PUT ENOUGH AIR IN THEM. People forget in every roll-over case, they found the tires under inflated, sometimes as much as 15 psi.

I use the same tires on my MJ I use to push the snowplow around, these tires just plain stick. They are so much of an improvement over junky Goodyear Wrangler AT's it can't be compared.

I paid just over 100 per tire mounted, my local Sears Tire place had some in stock that we a canceled order.

Holy old thread batman!! :moon: :laugh: I don't even have my XJ anymore, I got rid of it in July and replaced it with a ZJ. I replied to this thread in June, of 2003. On the new ZJ, I put the BFG AT KO's on it and couldn't be happier. I think the ko's are better than the duellers, but the dueller is still a good tire for the price.

I purchased the Dueler A/T Revos and I could not be more happy with them. They are amazing on road, great ride, really impressive in the rain and they are really quiet too. When I was up in the mountains a few weeks ago, I drove on some really crazy curvy roads and my XJ fully loaded down with camping gear handled like a sports car in the corners, I couldn't believe it. Also, I can't believe how nice my XJ rides now. I havent had them long enough to comment on the tread life. I have only had them off the pavement a few times, but they have done very well so far for A/T tires--much better than I expected. I was playing in the mud left over from Ivan last week and I was really impressed by how well they gripped, i didnt even need 4wd. These are by far the best tires I've ever had and I can't say enough good things about them, they make my old Yokahama Geolanders loike like terrible tires and I didnt think they were that bad until I put the A/T Revos on.

Another plus is that I got the buy three get one free deal so the price for four tires mounted balanced, tax, etc with road hazzard was only a little over $400 for 235/75/R15s. I want to buy some for my Frontier now if the Michelin LTXs ever wear out. I really hope these A/T Revos can wear like those, the Michelins have 40K on them and still look almost new.

I hope that helps

Back