• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck in the middle of repairing my A/C ...

derekvalz

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have gotten stuck in the middle of replacing my A/C evaporator. Removed the dash (which is an enormous pain). And went to disconnect the evaporator inlet and outlet ports and realized I have no idea how to disconnect them. (I had an A/C shop dye test and empty the system, they found the leak in the evaporator) The clip that fits over the connection came off easily enough, but now what? Do the two parts simply pull apart? If so I was sure pulling and they didn't budge.

Thanks for any help.

derekvalz said:
Well I have gotten stuck in the middle of replacing my A/C evaporator. Removed the dash (which is an enormous pain). And went to disconnect the evaporator inlet and outlet ports and realized I have no idea how to disconnect them. (I had an A/C shop dye test and empty the system, they found the leak in the evaporator) The clip that fits over the connection came off easily enough, but now what? Do the two parts simply pull apart? If so I was sure pulling and they didn't budge.

Thanks for any help.

Of course I can only GUESS what year you're dealing with but if these are Ford couplings, you will need a simple tool to depress the internal spring so the connector can pull apart. The same tool works for either 3/8" or 1/2" lines.

Back