• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Crush sleeve????

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
About two weeks ago i finished rear gearing my rear with 4.56. Now its the fronts turn. I have a 99 XJ with a 4.0L. Anyway does the front Dana 30 have a crush sleeve design?? The reason i ask is that the over haul kit i got from Randys ring and pinion comes with a crush sleeve but when i took the axle apart there was none. Whats the deal? The kit came with an overhaul kit that says 00 and up XJ standard rotation. I noticed that the way it was put together was with shims in front and behind the pinon shaft. Anyway bottom line i need to know if it is a shim design or crush sleeve axle. Thanks

i'm not a guru on axles nor do i rember what year they switched to low pinion but on my 96 high pinion there was nocrush sleeve and the master install kit did not come with one. as for the low pinion axles which i beleive all the 00 and later were i'm not sure could be that they used a crush sleve on the LP d30's

Back