• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Drag link boot

phxntninja

NAXJA Forum User
I have a torn boot on the upper part of my drag link. I had a junk spare link and tried to take the boot off of that one to see if they are seperate units but it seems like its glued to the metal? I found tie-rod end bushings for sale online but can't find any specificly for the drag link. Is the boot replaceable by itself or do I need to get a whole new drag link?

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Ron
00 XJ
87 XJ

Check Energy suspension at www.summitracing.com, I bought some awhile back, they were 2 for like $4 at Summit, other places wanted like $8 for one.
Is this for your 2000 or the 87, don´t remember them being glued on the 87 model, just sliped over the tappered stud.

The repair will be on my 2000. The one I disected was from a friends mid 90's. I wanted to look at how it was all going to fit together before I took mine off. Should I remove the torn boot completely before slipping the replacement on? That makes the most sense, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ron
00 XJ
87 XJ

Back