• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's shocks and Old Man EMUs

SV1CEC

NAXJA Forum User
Well, today, my Old Man EMU shocks arrived and I replaced the ones I got with Rusty's kit. Guess what? Rusty's shocks could be compressed using just one finger of your hand, just by touching their top part. I sincerely doubt if there was any effective shock absorbing capability in these shocks (all four of them), and that is only eight (8) months after I had them installed with very very little off-roading.

Am I surprised? Nope, I was expecting that, since the truck was very jumpy and I could feel the play in the area where the shock axle enters its main body, by just moving the shock laterally.

How do I like the new shocks? Well, it looks as if the whole truck feels much more sturdy now. I'll come back with more info when I've taken them a bit off road.

Rgds

I am pretty sure you will be very pleased with the OME, I have them on two of my rigs, and have had them on the YJ since '97, took them off the other day and they are still good to go! Enjoy!!

my95yj said:
I am pretty sure you will be very pleased with the OME, I have them on two of my rigs, and have had them on the YJ since '97, took them off the other day and they are still good to go! Enjoy!!

I am sure I would too. The first day, on pavement, they felt great. The truck stopped wondering around and bouncing like a boat on troubled waters. Much firmer control, without harsher ride.

I'll keep you all posted.

Rgds

XJCHUCK72 said:
Bilstiens are lost?

Hi Chuck,

Bilsteins were supposedly send by Rusty on May 15th. However, he elected to ship them to me, via simple Air Mail, instead of US Parcel Service AirMail Express, I've requested. The difference being that the second service is traceable.

Until today, they haven't arrived, so I guess they are lost. Even if they show up today, I am not going to take delivery of that package. Why should I wait for more than a month for some merchandise?

So yes, goodbye Bilsteins, hello OMEmu.

Rgds

Back