• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hooraa bbout brake rotors

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Just finishing up my front brakes on my 98, new rotors, pads and used one piece rotors, NOT compostites that were on there from the 2000 recall where jeep replaced them. They fit fine. Am I missing something...

Just got done, they work fine, took it for a short test drive and pad break in. The rotor IS a one piece cast steel rotor. Measured the same diameter as the factory composite. It does not interfere with the backing plate and fits just like the ones I took off.... One note, the joint between the tin center on the old composite ones and the rotor part does not look any too healthy after I looked at it a bit closer. In a way I'm glad they warped othewise I would have let it go till decembers inspection.

Just installed Hawk pads and those Brembos f/AutoKarma made in Mexico, one piece I believe, very nice pedal, about to do the rears w/Raybestos totl shoes f/pep-pill boys, trying to find drum receipt, never had 'em cut, may get new new ones, don't have a drum measuring tool....

FWIW, copper anti-sneeze took me seven tries before I found 'em...

good nite....

Back