• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diamond Plating on XJs??

Don't know if this counts (you did say "any part"). I replaced the cheap plastic scratch guards on the body of the door opening with diamond plate. I had some extra lying around and thought it would be a fun challenge... sure is hard to get a good bend out of .10" plate though.

Marcus

Yep...

Working on mine now. I have a nice scratch and dent on the rear quarter panel from Upper 2 last year. So for protection, I am using 1/8" diamond plate. I used cardboard as a template and cut the metal. I had a metal shop bend it to the contour of the sheet metal (took them 2 minutes!) and just finished fitting the passenger side. I am at the point of no return, tonight I drill the sheet metal. Dwayne (http://home.earthlink.net/~jeepcherokee/index.html) should post a how-to article when I am finished.

I have some. They aren't diamond plate they are 10 gauge flat. I have them on the rear quarters and on the bottom of the doors. You can check them out in Tellico on the 19-20th. You are coming right?

Have them fitted the the rear quarter panels and did a write up on it on my site.

Checker012.jpg

dimond plate = BLING BLING!!!!!!:spin3:

stoney

My beadlocks will be Diamond plate ;)

Anybody with black diamond plating?? I think that would match nicely with my rims, and rockers

Nah theres no way I would paint them, these Georgia trails would eat that paint alive, theres gotta be some place that has black. :rolleyes:

Diamond Plate

I purchased the full set from XJNATION. I have been very pleased with the price, ease of installation, and looks. Per instructions, I treated them with vinegar and then used a flat grey primer for color (I didn't want shiney ones for my rig). They look great. And I field tested them last month against a mountain mahogany branch: XJ 1, tree 0.

Back