• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diamond Plating Side Moldings/Protection

Diamond Plating Looks Good Or Bad?

• Looks Great

Votes: 193 81.8%
  • Looks Bad! (I would never do it to my rig)

Votes: 43 18.2%

• Total voters

XJVenom

NAXJA Forum User
I recently pulled off the old beat up stock side moldings and replaced them with these. I bought a sheet of diamond plating and went from there. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Let me know what you guys think.

200506161510_00032.jpg

I think it looks good! What kind of metal steel or aluminum and how thick is it?

That looks really good. The only thing I would do is paint over it and cover up those screw heads. But thats my opinion, It looks good how it is.

Those look sweet!

i like the look of the smooth steal too, i went with a set from cagedxj.
truckin083.jpg

The plating is 14 gauge steel, which is basically between 1/8 and 1/16 inch.

It doesn't go underneath unfortunately.

I've considered painting over the screw heads but I'm not sure just yet.

I still have a couple sheets of the diamond plating in case anyone wants to buy some.

Thanks for the input so far guys...

Last edited:
That is a sweet mod, very sweet. I want to know how to do that - post the details. Did you cut all the diamond plate to shape yourself? With a bandsaw? Just slap'em up & rivet'em in place? Very cool.

where did you get that at? did you have to bend it? and im confused how it is screwed on just screw it into the door an under door pannel?

Roll-over said:
Do something about the screw heads, otherwise it looks great.

x2, or how ever many have said that,

i used thicker plate and using a uni-bit i countersunk the screws & also used flat topped screws so they are flush w/ the plating..
on the gas tank cover and rear quarter panels i used pop rivets also slightly sunk

JAGx1414 said:
where did you get that at? did you have to bend it? and im confused how it is screwed on just screw it into the door an under door pannel?

Yeah I cut and bent everything myself.

I used medium duty hollow wall anchors from Home Depot to attach them to the body. It worked suprisingly well. Those panels aren't going anywhere.

Back