• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How can I get more rear flex?

JeepinKrannyMan

NAXJA Forum User
My rear end won't flex as much as I would like it to, I have extended shackles and a 3" spring pack. The shocks aren't bottoming out or being fully extended, and the tires still have more room in the wheel well. I know I could get revolver shakles but I was wondering if you all had any other ideas.

This is all I have now

Jeep025.jpg

They are leaves, so they will never flex as good as your coils. Are the leaves new? If they are then let them wear in for a while and then they will flex a little better. Maybe a 3/4 elliptical? I don't know how that would work with the unibody though....

make sure your shackle bolts arent too tight. you could try adding leaf liners if there not already there

Thanks Jeepfreak...that is a good thread.

The rear sway bar is off, and the leaves have pads between them, they are fairly new, about 2-3 months old. I'll check the bolts on the shackles, didn't think of that, thank you all.

Leaf springs are very limited on how far they will drop. It depends greatly on the length and how flat they sit when sitting level. Also how can one expect a leaf pack with a deep arc to travel any further down. With such an arc the only movement is up.

JeepinKrannyMan IMO your rear pack is doing just fine. Here is mine, as you can see my packs are stuff rather well. My shackles are pointed to the back and my leaf springs are flattening out.

DSCF0008.JPG

In this one the bottom of my rear shackles is pointing forward as far as it will go. My leaf pack might travel a bit further due to shocks but probably not more than a inch or so.

DSCF0007.JPG

From these picture I have at least 10" of travel maybe more.

Back