• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pismo/ one step closer to gone?

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
being I live here I should know more ,but have heard they intend to close Pier ave to access the beach/dunes within 2 years. The issue is the crossing of the creek and its potential damaging of steelhead habitat. If creek crossing is eliminated then both ramps will be closed. As I hear access will be from the south? The old Oso Flaco road?? never fly IMO. Tree huggers have already desiginated the area as habitat for the plover. A road down the south side/levee of the creek? never happen. As a gov employee we were monitoring some abandoned wells at the mouth of the creek on the south side. One of our guys was near arrested for trespassing into federally protected areas. (plover again)
For years they have tried to close the dunes and numerous other areas as we all see.
Once again greed,(beach front home owners) self centered, my way or no way people are prevaling. It kills me that its OK to mtb bike, jog ,walk,push a stroller. Its not Ok to drive, ride horses or motorcycles. If your gonna close it, then close it. Maybe they should bulldoze the homes off the beach also for the full "back to nature look"

I haven't been to Pismo in many many years. It use to be an annual event with sand drags on the beach. So you may guess about how old I am. I remember having to pull various vehicles accross the creek while others tried to "bonsi" accross. There's a special feeling about driving on the beach and riding the dunes while looking accross to the ocean. Even back in the 60's there were anti access groups trying to have their way. Now they're more sophisticated in their relentless attacks as well as funded much better. Common sense and fairness no longer have a play in ANY land use issues. Remember the California Desert Protection Act? My my, what a truly fine name they gave it. Who WOULDN'T be for such a righteous sounding proclamation!? And that's how they get their way. With nobel sounding names and money not to mention left wing media power to back them. I no longer live in CA but here in UT we have even a larger evil force to deal with. Truely sad times for us "old timers" to see the whining, econazi, anti access groups having their way.

I get the feeling i would be considered an old timer as well. Remember the Devils slide? 13 miles down the beach.One could damn near get lost out there back then. Now you can only go about 3miles to the end of the line.
Sad. Still have the sand drags, theve become "organized", they also have a bike race of sorts thru the dunes. I think last year was the first annual one.

I had forgotten about that spot at the end. I didn't remember it being that far down the beach. I remember the rock outcropping cause you couldn't go any further. There were some pretty steep sand dunes back there! Somewhere in my bone pile I should have some slides. This should spark me to dig them out.

Back