• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'90 Xj

rebelyall7

NAXJA Forum User
I have a stock '90 XJ and the leafs are pretty flat - would it be a bad idea to get new spacers and shackles to try and fit 30s?

It wouldn't be a bad idea, but it won't solve your problem. If you want a decent cheap fix get a long add-a-leaf.

For a good long term fix find a kit that replaces your rear spring pack.

i suggest lifting it right, 2 or 3" with new packs, and worry about getting 30 or 31s later, youll be surprised how much better it will ride with a new suspension

rebelyall7 said:
Do you have a ballpark figure on the add a leafs and everything b/c i have a tight budget?

It's been a long time since I've bought a lift like that.
Keep an eye open on the For Sale board and you may find yourself a deal from somebody looking to go higher.

Before you start wasting money, "looks kinda flat" doesn't mean anything. The XJ springs ride basically flat by design, even a brand new one.

If you still have the factory flares, measure the ride height. For a stock suspension, the dimension from the center of the wheel cap (axle centerline) straight up to the bottom of the flare lip should be 17.0". If it's not less than that, your Jeep hasn't sagged.

Back