• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where's the IAT sensor?

schmiedel

NAXJA Forum User
I have had some experience with other cars and never had trouble finding the IAT sensor. However, with my 1988 4.0L Cherokee, I just cannot find it. I looked for a 2 wire sensor located somewhere on the intake, but it seems to me that it's either hidden or placed somewhere else.

Can anybody help me?

Regards

The sensor is in the intake, I have a 88 XJ and have already changed mine. It is located in the intake aft of the throttle body. It is a brass hex sticking out of the intake.

Go buy the a new sensor and with it in hand you will find it. You will do a homer simpson "doh" slap once you see it.

Found it!!!! (doh!!!)

It was jut not where I expected it... I'm used to see these on the intake "tube" or even nearer the air filter... But well, problem solved.

BTW, thanks for the manual, it will for sure come in hand in the next few months...

Back