• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 4.0 auto wiring for this piece, starter relay?

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
picture.JPG

found this pic on the net and need a diagram or description on how to wire it

I need to know color of wires for these terminals my crappy haynes manual shows nuthin like usual:

F:
G:
I:
SOL:

Thanks

xjnation said:
picture.JPG

found this pic on the net and need a diagram or description on how to wire it

I need to know color of wires for these terminals my crappy haynes manual shows nuthin like usual:

F: what evers left
G:black tan
I:dark green
SOL:dark green

Thanks

a pic of the noid whould be nice LOL

Last edited:
xjnation said:
My bad relay...I think I gots it figured out orange left over wire must go to field

If the orange wire is a fuse link, it's latch relay power or possibly ignition switch feed. Just tie it into the rest of the B+ bundle on the large terminal.

XJXJ said:
If the orange wire is a fuse link, it's latch relay power or possibly ignition switch feed. Just tie it into the rest of the B+ bundle on the large terminal.

no it actually is neither, I have found both of those this has a plug on the end and both ignition and solenoid wares are green, wht the solenoid wire a 12 gauge and the ignition a 14 gauge the 89 has the major post and 4 not 3 clip on terminals

xjnation said:
My bad relay...I think I gots it figured out orange left over wire must go to field

Orange with a black stripe, is the "F" fuel pump wire for start, it bypasses thr relay and the ballast resisitor. Top spade type connector, if it´s an OEM original relay.

Back