• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Threaded bungs - where do I get some?

JDComptonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to build some Long arms, I can't find any place that sells threaded bungs/ tubing inserts. Poison Spyder has them for 1.5" x .250 wall, but I'd really like to go with 1 3/4 or 2" x .250" wall. I can't find anyplace that sells bungs/inserts/ whatever you want to call them for that size tubing. Also, where's the cheapest place to find above mentioned tubing?

thanks!

Josh

www.polyperformance.com

JDComptonXJ said:
I'm looking to build some Long arms, I can't find any place that sells threaded bungs/ tubing inserts. Poison Spyder has them for 1.5" x .250 wall, but I'd really like to go with 1 3/4 or 2" x .250" wall. I can't find anyplace that sells bungs/inserts/ whatever you want to call them for that size tubing. Also, where's the cheapest place to find above mentioned tubing?

thanks!

Josh

I just did some long arm fabbing and I used Rubicon Express parts from DC4wd.com. I think these parts are also available from PolyPerformance, but I couldn't find them on their site. RE12060 is a chunk of steel threaded to 1.25" fine thread on one end and fits in a 1.5" ID tube on the other end. I purchased them for $26 each. RE12050 is a piece of tube threaded to 1.25" fine thread on the inside and came with the correct cope for welding the the RE3792 Large joint. I purchased these for $9 each. The 12050 was interesting in the fact that the inside is threaded for about 1.5" and then the rest of the ID is turned slightly oversize so the 12060 will thread all the way through the 12050. It also has a fairly small wall thickness at the weld end, but I believe this is what they use on their long arm kits and what Jes and Crash are using. I have a pic of these parts in my long arm photo album located here:

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeEN2jZq0btmHq

The 12060's also came with jamb nuts. I paid $27 each for the RE3792 joints. Jeff

Oh, spidertrax carries many bungs too. I'm sure there are others, but this one escaped me on my last reply. From what I found, most places that have weld in bungs do NOT offer anything LARGE like the 1.25" stuff from RE. Jeff

Last edited:
JDComptonXJ said:

thanks!

Josh

I recently purchased a 5' chunk of 2" x 0.25" 1026 DOM for $45. I don't feel this is a great price, but does seem to be the going rate around here for short pieces. I got it from a metal supply place called Midwest Steel in Withee WI. Jeff

You said bung------hehehehe

JK-----Also poision spider or bluetorch fab will for sure have some=============kyle

Back