• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Brake hose Junction removal

heeperman

NAXJA Forum User
maybes its just too darn hot out today, but having a hell of a time removing the rear hydraulic hose junction where it mounts on the axle tube, any suggestiong apart from a big up-n-down wrench?

I´m affraid to give any advice, because then, I´ll feel guilty if it snaps off. I´ve twisted off more bolts with extreme steady pressure, than I have with a tapping or jaring motion. I think you can get a socket on there? Six point socket, no extension, use the palm of your hand to tap the ratchet (or breaker bar) handle, a few times, oil and repeat (use a cheater bar if you have to). Sometimes jarring it in the tight (right direction) a few times helps get things moving also. I use a progressively harder jaring motion until it breaks loose. Working it too hard, to quick, can generate heat, which relaxes the temper and causes them to twist off, rather than snap.

Back