• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

She's so hiiigh high

zahra2325

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I put in the Rusty's 2" coil spacers and AAL. the measurements are 20" from the hub to bottom of fender all the way around close enough at least.
there are some issues:
is there a way i can post some pics to show you what i accomplished with your help? if not i'll reply with a link to my site. I'll have them posted there.

I noticed after i was all done the rear is really squeky, i sprayed the leaf spings with WD40 but only after i put them together. but i am thinking it might be the shocks now that they are extended 2".
also there is a diiferent noise that goes bump in the back when i pull into the street at a slope. any ideas?

the noise is prolly your shocks "bottoming" out... now they willl fully extend 2 inches before they would have before...
mine did the same thing when i first lifted it...
when i bought it, it had a BDS 3" installed, and I added 2 1/2" spacers in the front, and 3" blocks in the rear...

zahra2325 said:
so do i need shock extensions, and would they have that at an "autozone"?
yes, those will work... BUT, idealisticly, longer shocks will be the best fit...
i hear the ones at autozone are the wrong thread, so you have to re-tap them...
I am not positive on that, cuz i have not tried them, but good-luck!

zahra2325 said:
OK, I put in the Rusty's 2" coil spacers and AAL. the measurements are 20" from the hub to bottom of fender all the way around close enough at least.
there are some issues:
is there a way i can post some pics to show you what i accomplished with your help? if not i'll reply with a link to my site. I'll have them posted there.

I noticed after i was all done the rear is really squeky, i sprayed the leaf spings with WD40 but only after i put them together. but i am thinking it might be the shocks now that they are extended 2".
also there is a diiferent noise that goes bump in the back when i pull into the street at a slope. any ideas?

Your rear "clunk" is probably the stock shock bar pins and worn out bushings. I would get some Bar Pin Eliminators from JKS and install them in your new shocks. For an inexpensive fix for your shocks at your current lift height try using stock YJ shocks on the front and stock ZJ on the rear.

Back