• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country adjustable track bar question

350CJMASS

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what tie rod end will fit into the Rough Country track bar? The adjustable end on my track bar has worn out and I'm looking for a replacement. I called Heckethorn Products and the guy who answered the phone said the "factory one" will fit! (will never buy another of their products)
If anyone has replaced the end, I'd like to know what application it was actually for, or the p/n. Please help me get my XJ moving again.
Thanx

350CJMASS said:
I called Heckethorn Products and the guy who answered the phone said the "factory one" will fit! (will never buy another of their products)
Thanx
LMAO... what a skippy....
I'm not sure, but if you can down the jeep for a minute, i would pull it out, and bring the end to a reputable parts store, and match it up... i would start with a tie rod end for a cavilier or something along those lines, and eye-ball it from there.. I am thinking they will have a Moog catalog that you can go page by page and see specs and a drawing of them,so you can try to limit it from there.
When you find out, post up, cuz I have one as well, and wanna know what I am looking for when I need one down the road! (mine is 2 months old, so hopefully not for a while!!!)

I was hoping someone had done this already; but I headed down to the parts store(not the good one, rather the only one that was open) what a PITA!

After taking the Moog spec book away from the parts idiot and looking it up myself, these are my results.

The correct Moog p/n is ES140R. This is the same end that Rusty's uses in their track bar.

On Rusty's site, they also list Moog p/n ES2223R, this end is roughly 2" longer on the threaded part than the ES140R. If your XJ is like mine (3" springs w/1.75 spacers), the ES2223R WILL NOT work. This end is simply too long for my Jeep.

I'm not sure if the Jeep TJ end (p/n 52005740) will work, but I will re-post once I grab one and measure it.

THe first time I replaced mine I used one from a CJ. But I forgot to write down the particulars and when I went to replace it the second time the part store I went couldn't match it up, didn't have any CJ ones in stock and would only order one in if I was definetly going to buy it. Found one laying around my garage that I made fit but its a little long. Would definetly like to know what you find.

350CJMASS said:
I was hoping someone had done this already; but I headed down to the parts store(not the good one, rather the only one that was open) what a PITA!

After taking the Moog spec book away from the parts idiot and looking it up myself, these are my results.

The correct Moog p/n is ES140R. This is the same end that Rusty's uses in their track bar.

On Rusty's site, they also list Moog p/n ES2223R, this end is roughly 2" longer on the threaded part than the ES140R. If your XJ is like mine (3" springs w/1.75 spacers), the ES2223R WILL NOT work. This end is simply too long for my Jeep.

I'm not sure if the Jeep TJ end (p/n 52005740) will work, but I will re-post once I grab one and measure it.

Yes, the correct# is ES140R. I had to do the same thing when mine went bad.(take the book from the idiot) I had to rerplace mine after only a few weeks!!! Make sure you get the better part, I didn't because I needed to get home and only had $25 on me...LOL This POS only lasted a few days! I decided since I am lifted close to 6" To go ahead and get Rusty's HD bar and mount, and get rid of this crappy thing!!! Hope you have better luck than me!

Back