• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-rok brace fitment problem

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
I'd like to put the C-rok brace on my XJ, but there is alot going on the frame rail now. I have the C4X4 Fab tow hook brakets and a Go Rhino grill gaurd and the factory bumper. Everything is sandwiched together and still fits. Whether or not I can get the C-rok brace in with out modifying stuff has yet to be seen.

Does anyone has a similar setup? Any suggestions, or am I cuttin stuff up?

--Matt

egon said:
I'd like to put the C-rok brace on my XJ, but there is alot going on the frame rail now. I have the C4X4 Fab tow hook brakets and a Go Rhino grill gaurd and the factory bumper. Everything is sandwiched together and still fits. Whether or not I can get the C-rok brace in with out modifying stuff has yet to be seen.

Does anyone has a similar setup? Any suggestions, or am I cuttin stuff up?

--Matt

Is the c4x4 bumper the one that semi assembles from a few major pieces and bolts together? If so you should be fine.

You just have the towhook brackets, not the bumper correct?

I'm not sure how the rhino guard attaches, but here's an easy fix.

Take everything off, put on the tow hook bracket and then put the c-rok brace on top of it.

Scribe a line where they intersect on the towhook bracket and cut it there. Weld the c-rok plate to the newly cut towhook bracket and run it.

If you can't weld or cut, mark it and take it to a machine shop and have them do the cutting and welding.

HTH

Dirk Pitt said:
Take everything off, put on the tow hook bracket and then put the c-rok brace on top of it.

Scribe a line where they intersect on the towhook bracket and cut it there. Weld the c-rok plate to the newly cut towhook bracket and run it.

If you can't weld or cut, mark it and take it to a machine shop and have them do the cutting and welding.

HTH

No need to do all that!

egon, if you search for "c-rok and c4x4" you would have found it.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58293&highlight=long+weekend+project

Last edited:
It should go in this order from the frame outwards
c-rok plate
tow hook brackets
bumper mounts

I ran that for a while and didn't have a problem, and this is with a stock bumper

xjj33p3r said:
It should go in this order from the frame outwards
c-rok plate
tow hook brackets
bumper mounts

I ran that for a while and didn't have a problem, and this is with a stock bumper

I concur

That would make sense, but there is a fly in the ointment.

I have the C4x4 tow hook brackets and a stock bumper.

I have a Go Rhino grill guard with a bracket 1/4" thick that takes the lower and rear bumper bracket bolts. It sits next to the frame rail right now with the C4x4 bracket and bumper bracket respectively outward.

I'll try and get a picture up of my current setup.

Any more ideas.

--Matt

With a 1/4" bumper bracket going all the way to the tow hook bolt, you may not need the c-rok plate anymore. Unless is doesn't also bolt to the 3 steering box bolts

I'm gonna have to take a picture of the situation. I don't think my description has adequately explains what I'm dealing with.

--Matt

if you are putting on the C4x4 bumper, why do you want the go rhino brushguard on top of it? just get rid of it, or if you want, im pretty sure c4x4 will weld on a brush guard for a little more $. They can also put on shackles so you wouldnt need the tow hooks, i think. Thats what i'd do. In that case, it'd be c-rok, then c4x4.

my .10

NCCherokee said:
if you are putting on the C4x4 bumper, why do you want the go rhino brushguard on top of it?

I never said I had, nor was I installing a C4x4 bumper.

--Matt

Back