• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mirrors

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Well, now that I have one door down/dismantled, another "project" begins. It had manual mirrirs in it, which only seemed to work now and again, plus they fogged up. Does anyone know if 97+ or better yet, G. Cherokee Power mirrors will bolt up? Or they too big? The 90' has 3 torx bolts holding the stock in. Anyone got some input? I am trying to find a pic of the mouting for the other windows now.

Yeah, they fit. It's been done. Don't remember by whom, nor whether or not they posted pics.

Eagle said:
Yeah, they fit. It's been done. Don't remember by whom, nor whether or not they posted pics.
both 97+ and G. cherokee or just the 97+? I was pretty sure the 97+ would fit, but the more I look at the G. cherokee mirrors, it looks like the outside triangle trim is too long. I might bite the bullet and buy a single mirror and try.

TJ mirrors ROCK...

mirror.jpg

imma honky said:
Well, now that I have one door down/dismantled, another "project" begins. It had manual mirrirs in it, which only seemed to work now and again, plus they fogged up. Does anyone know if 97+ or better yet, G. Cherokee Power mirrors will bolt up? Or they too big? The 90' has 3 torx bolts holding the stock in. Anyone got some input? I am trying to find a pic of the mouting for the other windows now.

Can't speak to ZJ/WJ mirrors, but 97+ XJ heated and/or electric swaps are easy. XJ's use the same 3 torx bolts even on the newer mirrors.

http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoMirrors.htm

Hope this helps,
Kent :)

Kej, I talkted to collin already, and he said he's been having some probs with blowing the switches. I didn't know they made heated/power for the XJ too, so I will just go with those instead of trying to make the grands work. NOW, I just need to find a plce for the power switch controls. Any ideas?

imma honky said:
Kej, I talkted to collin already, and he said he's been having some probs with blowing the switches. I didn't know they made heated/power for the XJ too, so I will just go with those instead of trying to make the grands work. NOW, I just need to find a plce for the power switch controls. Any ideas?
I believe that the major problem with the switches blowing is the guy that is doing the hookups for him plus one pair of wires was rearranged when it was fed through the hole that it comes through (Collin has the details). The setup is simple: there are 4 wires coming out from the switch towards each mirror: each pair controls a range of motion and direction is controlled by reversal of the polarity. IIRC the switch is supplied with 12V+ and ground and it has total of 8 wires going out (4 wires to each mirror).
For the mirror defrost IIRC you can use 12V+ tied into a rear defrost switch or on a separate circuit (btw, the wires for movement control and defrost are separate with separate plugs).

Kejtar said:
I believe that the major problem with the switches blowing is the guy that is doing the hookups for him plus one pair of wires was rearranged when it was fed through the hole that it comes through (Collin has the details). The setup is simple: there are 4 wires coming out from the switch towards each mirror: each pair controls a range of motion and direction is controlled by reversal of the polarity. IIRC the switch is supplied with 12V+ and ground and it has total of 8 wires going out (4 wires to each mirror).
For the mirror defrost IIRC you can use 12V+ tied into a rear defrost switch or on a separate circuit (btw, the wires for movement control and defrost are separate with separate plugs).
Ok, thanks. Good to know.

Back