• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15 x 8 - 4.5" backspacing - Do they exist?

Mike in NJ

NAXJA Life Member
NAXJA Member
Okay, I'm coming up empty on a search for 15 x 8 aluminum wheels with 4.5" backspacing. (I have my reasons :rolleyes: ).

In a pinch, I could deal with 15 x 7 at 4.5" too.

Anyone with better info or supplier suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

I was looking around yesterday and found that there is a selection of centerline aluminum wheels that were 15X8 with up to 5" of backspacing (including 4.5"). Kinda expensive though.

Marcus

What company have you looked under? I have AR767 Black jobs that are 15x7 with 4" bs. I know that they make that rim in a 15x8 with 4.5"bs if I recall from when my CJ got new rims and tires. Check americanracing.com

Juice

American Racing has what your looking for, they may not be listed on the cataloge but give them a call and they should have it.

Not aluminum, but I got a pair of white spoked 'wagon wheels' from four wheel parts wholesalers 15x8/4.5" bs... (pissed me off since I specified 4"...to match a pair of wheels I already had.)

Now I bent one of the 4.5" and can't find that style in 4", but US wheel has them in 3.75" Grrr! seems I am doomed to have mismached offset wheels.

anyways I'll peek at summit and see what they offer.

Forged Alcoas under the "Pacer" or "Ultra Wheels" brand name...
picture.JPG

...15X8 4.5"BS.

Jes

Axis rims are close. 15x7.5 w/4.5''.... I got some from 4WDP last fall on a buy 3, one free deal. Normally they are 200 each, I think.
I got them because of the backspacing and the very nice looks. They're a machined aluminum look, similar to stock 'sport' rims with holes, and with fake bolt on bead locks. I think they were extra...
Haven't seen them ever since in their magazine/catalog. I think they're cast, so I'm unsure of their strength. I don't weel too hard. But it sure would suck to mess one up.

I am dissappointed with Axis and 4WDP because they didn't come with center caps like on the add, that look very cool. Called Axis, and they never made them for the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, but said they would be making some soon; sounded like the run around... I guess I need to call back. The bad part is that 4WDP didn't look into it at all for me. So I go cap-less...

Hope this helps. CB

Thanks guys - for all your suggestions (... and photo). Net is - it's still pretty difficult to find this type and size of aluminum rim (under a couple of hundred anyway).

General standard seems to be about 3.75bs. I suppose that isn't too bad, but for those of us at the 4-5" lift level who trying to minimize major fender surgery and still have enough inside clearance - 4.5bs would be just about perfect for an 11.5 tire. Shame the manufacturers haven't provided a good choice in that range.

BTW, Jason. You should hit up Mark for a commission :) - we worked out a deal. Thanks for the reference.

To quote Cary Grant, "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din."

I liked your photo and when I did a search on Pacer and Ultra (+ Alcoa), I got a lot of dead ends, dimwit sales reps, and the models I saw (none of which exactly matched yours) rarely had bs info and had prices upwards of $250.

Now, there's a good chance that my searches were bogus, and a slightly lower chance that you got a great deal. Regardless, I feel pretty good about the Challengers that I eventually picked up.

Thanks again for your suggestion - I didn't ignore it.

Back