• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which injector is which

CNew

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced the exhaust manifold gasket and got everything back together. I go to start the jeep and it idles very rough and dies when i step on the gas. I am wondering if i got the injectors in the wrong spot. Is there any way to tell which ine is suppose to go where?

1990 4.0

Thanks for the help...

The non-common wires to the injector plugs are color coded: 6=brown, 5=white, 4= yellow, 3=tan, 2= LtGreen, 1 = LtBlue. Numbers from front of vehicle back.

While you're checking all the wiring and hose connections, make sure you got the vacuum line to the MAP sensor in right. It's a double plug, but only one part actually has a hole in it.

Bounce me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you a full set of wiring diagrams, if you'd like. They're for an 89, but the 89 and 90 are functionally identical.

Injector #1 : LTB - BLK
Injector #2 : LTG - BLK
Injector #3 : TAN - BLK
Injector #4 : YLW - BLK
Injector #5 : WHT - BLK
Injector #6 : BRN - BLK

As you've probably guessed by now, they share a common ground (had that cause me some fun with my 87 one day years ago...) and they are switched separately from the ECM. The plugs can be identified by the colour of the "trigger" wire, and the injectors proper are identical (it doesn't matter which hole they're in, just so the wiring is in the right order.)

Let me know if you'd like that set of wiring diagrams - you need to be able to accept a little over 5mB in attachments (.pdf file.)

5-90

As a side note....If and when you pull the wires on the injectors,make sure you label them as to which injector they go to

churky89 said:
As a side note....If and when you pull the wires on the injectors,make sure you label them as to which injector they go to

Now that would make things TOO EASY ...

Thanks Again

Back