• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with no dash lights.

XJ-HEAT

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished buttoning up everything after a heater core and A/C evaporator change. Now here's the problem, no guage cluster lights, no climate control backlights, radio and odometer read out do not dim with switch. I looked at all the fuses and tried a new headlight switch. Nothing helped. This is the only thing that's not working. Anybody got any ideas?

I just had the same thing on my 97. I ripped apart the whole dash looking for a short but came up empty. Every time I changed the fuse, it would pop immediately when I pulled the switch for the headlights. I took out the gauge cluster and cleaned all the connections. I put it back in and made sure they were tight, and then the dash lights worked without popping the fuse. I also had the headlight switch out and checked it for continuity. It was fine. Dash lights are still working after a month or so. Good luck. Electrical probs can really suck.

Back