• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help asap!! hp d44 no 4x4 after install!

skifast1080

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i just installed a hp d44 from a '79 bronco and i have no four wheel drive. i THINK it's probably in one of the hubs, but just to make sure i need to know if i need to to anything with the t-case after installing the axle. what do i do with the vacuum lines that went to the axle disconnect for the dana 30 that i removed? could that have anything to do with it. please help!

Nothing will change with the t-case, the lines just won't do anything. More than likely it's just what you think.....one of the hubs. It's easy to check the t-case, just lift the front tires off the ground and turn the driveshaft by hand to see if it's engaged in the t-case. If it is, then the problem is in the hubs.

I'm willing to bet its the hubs also because one day me and my cousin were pullin a 15' trailor loaded down with lumber up one of the loggin roads on our lease and when he put it in 4wd I forgot to lock the passenger side up. Needless to say we didnt move at all untill I locked the hub.

Back