• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch Bumper Advice

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
howdy howdy..

man o man its been a while since i posted.......ive been soo busy its been hard to even check email..

SO i need help you guys.......i have a few hundred saved up and want to get a winch bumper for my cherokee....

its an 89...4.0.. limited.....3'' Rustys Sp....31s.....

i have searched on here and google and dogpile and havent come up with anything other than the normal expensive winch bumpers......so...a little help is needed.....

thanks...

better yet, hit up Aj at www.ajsoffroadarmor.com, he is really easy to work with and will make you a custom one if you need, contact him about what you want and keep in mind your time frame as i gather he has been really busy lately...i will say his product is well worth the wait.
Maier

Grifter144 said:
better yet, hit up Aj at www.ajsoffroadarmor.com, he is really easy to work with and will make you a custom one if you need, contact him about what you want and keep in mind your time frame as i gather he has been really busy lately...i will say his product is well worth the wait.
Maier

AJ will be making bumpers again sometime in the near future. But won't be at custom work status until quite some time. If you wait for his bumpers that he is currently designing, it will be a while. If you wait for custom work, it'll be a long while. AJ makes a GREAT product, but is only doing rock rails at this point. If you have time, wait. But since you already have the money saved, I'd say to look around a bit.

Having said that, my bumper will more than likely be an AJ production..........:cheers:

I have an olympic winch bumper from Quadratec. I think it was something under $400 w/shipping. It certainly doesn't rank up there with the ARB and other more stout bumpers, but hasn't really given me any problems in over 2 years with my M8000 and tow hooks mounted to it. Fit perfectly and got it in the low glare rubicon black. Weighs about 70 lbs and I was able to install it by myself at night. Uses the factory bumper mounts and hardware, too. Just my .02. I know there are a lot of opinions on Olympic stuff and quadratec, but I was in a pinch at the time and short on cash.

91 Jeep Project said:
AJ will be making bumpers again sometime in the near future. But won't be at custom work status until quite some time. If you wait for his bumpers that he is currently designing, it will be a while. If you wait for custom work, it'll be a long while. AJ makes a GREAT product, but is only doing rock rails at this point. If you have time, wait. But since you already have the money saved, I'd say to look around a bit.

Having said that, my bumper will more than likely be an AJ production..........:cheers:
x elevenfinity

Kejtar said:
Shoot over a message to Dan Turner. He makes sweet bumpers. You can also checkout his site

x2 and you get a discount if you'll join NAXJA. Not for joining but because you're a member. Discount is more than the cost to join!

Main reason I liked this bumper is the D-ring tabs are the same piece all the way through to the mount on the frame. So when you pull or are pulled, you're hooked to your frame and not just the face of the bumper.

edit: Not sure if the discount is still on. Contact him though and he'll get right back to you, unless he's out wheeling. :laugh3:

Last edited:
Back