• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sequoia.. Ed S., anyone else...

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
OK guys on 2N02 heading West from Pioneer Town as you get up the road aways where it becomes a "shelf" on the mountain side & there is a bypass that goes down to the bottom then runs parallel through a rougher section then back up to the main road. It's marked as a black diamond or double diamond or simular, (can't quite remember) what is this called and did you guys run it this past weekend? How bad was it? It's been .....15 yrs. since I ran through there so I barely remember it. Also was there any water in the creek thats just afew miles East of Baldwin?
I'm think'n I might run up there this weekend on Sun.
Thanks guys...
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

The road you mention may be 2N70, and it usually has a deep V rut in the climb parallel to the main road?

I have not run it for a while (over a year).

The water should be Arraste Creek, and there should still be water at the shaded 2N04 section, but probably not at the 3N03 crossing. The other place where water usually remains is Horsethief Flats, at the bottom of 3N03A, where the Marine Corps demolished the cabin ten years ago (at the direction of the USFS and local Sheriff to eliminate the local party vandal attraction).

Looking for water?

Ed

I'm necessarily lookn' for water I was just wondering cause I usually have lunch there & let the kids throw rocks & work off the energy... The area where the bypass is ,is E. of the Rose Queen Mine....(I think thats the name) the road gets alittle narrower & theres a bypass that goes down to the base of the mountain andgoes S. just alittle & starts to parallel the main road through a little rock narrow (IIR) then comes back up to the main road, it's not too long.
Thanks Ed...
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

I can't help you out man, I was actually going to take that route the next time I go there, just haven't made it out to do it... Let us know what condition it's in if you end up running it.

Sequoia

Back