• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help w/ swapping out condenser!

RaVEWHQ

NAXJA Forum User
I did search and have looked at the FSM, but how the heck to I swap out my condenser? Just didn't seem too clear. I tried doing it myself but stopped halfway through because it seems I just don't have enough access to it. Does the whole front clip have to come off? Do all the bolts on the top (just above the radiator, and above the Jeep symbol inside the engine bay) have to come out? It's just frustrating because it's a billion degrees outside and my condenser has a pinhole leak in it :(
It's a 96 XJ 4.0

I just yanked the one out of my 95, dont know if its the same but... The radiator was out, and it was tough getting to the nuts on the lines. I cant imagine doing it with the rad in still. It came out te same as the rad does, back against the engine then up and out. I did remove the grill also but If I recall it wont make it any easier. Make sure all the pressure is out or you`ll likely get a condenser oil bath, and freon blast. I evacuated my system with the schrader valves on the lines near the middle of them. I trashed all my stuff, bummer I would have given it all to you free.

I know its unpressurized since I wasted $40 worth (3 cans) of the AC refiller and it blew all over my grill and driveway. So I need to take the radiator out to get the condenser out? dammit :(

RaVEWHQ said:
I know its unpressurized since I wasted $40 worth (3 cans) of the AC refiller and it blew all over my grill and driveway. So I need to take the radiator out to get the condenser out? dammit :(

afraid so.

Back