• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: Help installing D-30 lockright Tomorow.

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Dana 30 lockright that I want to put in tommorow (Friday 10/3) afternoon. I would just like someone experienced with this to watch over my shoulder and make sure I do it right. The ring gear is already ground down to let the cross-shaft in and out, so the carrier won't even need to be removed.

I'm at UC Davis, but I am willing to drive anywhere in the greater Sacramento area, and I'll bring the Pizza (I'm only 18 so I can't buy you beer :) )

reply here or email: [email protected]

If you've got the instructions in front of you, it should be fairly easy.

Good luck on Fordyce, wish I could make it. I'm out deer hunting for the next 6 days.

Andy

Its not bad Brett, the instructions are OK but the exploded diagram is all you really need.

with your crosshaft removeable its even easier. put the outside gear piece on the Passenger side axle and reinstall the C-clip its not really needed but it wont't hurt anything. The instructions will outline the rest.

Unfortunately I don't have the instuctions :lol: (hey, I got a great deal :wink: ) I have found some pretty good instructions on the net, but none with the exploded diagram. If someone would be so kind as to scan and email me that diagram I would be very grateful :D

Back